We are looking for a professional Instructional Designer to design and develop immersive digital learning experiences. The goal is to help learners in developing critical knowledge and skills efficiently and in an engaging manner.
Our clients are global consulting, financial services, and software companies. The learning solutions we create for them are highly interactive and incorporate a variety of leading-edge techniques, including simulations, gamification, social learning, micro-learning, interactive video, etc.
The position is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- Develop instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, interactions and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis in a variety subject matter domains
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Design learning activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Solid Articulate Storyline programming knowledge; knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Good visual design eye; familiarity skills (Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Excellent ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts, etc.
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar
- Background in professional services environment a plus
- Business degree a plus